CVMP brings together production and post-production specialists from the worlds of film, broadcast and games with imaging and graphics researchers. It provides a European forum to discuss the latest research, advances and state-of-the-art industry practices.
If you would like to get involved in CVMP 2019, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference provides a forum to demonstrate innovative techniques used in media production and to discuss future influences on common practice.
Papers are invited to present novel research and practical applications related to media production.
What is CVMP?
CVMP brings together the worlds of academic algorithmic research and post production to discuss new advancements and innovative applications. It is also a unique networking opportunity.
“CVMP offered a good mix of research people in graphics and vision as well as industry experts in production and post-production. Surprisingly for such a smaller conference, papers, speeches and posters were continuously of good quality. The time I spent in London was a good investment.” Jurgen Stauder, Technical Advisor, Thomson Corporate Research
Why visit CVMP?
CVMP presents the latest research outcomes in Visual Media, from the leading production and post-production specialists (in the worlds of film, broadcast and games) with imaging and graphics researchers.
Previous keynote speakers
- Tako Komura, University of Edinburgh
- Hao Li, University of Southern California
- Jamie Shotton, Microsoft Research
- Will Smith, University of York
- Diego Gutierrez, Universidad de Zaragoza
- Michael Black, Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems
- Mark Ardington, Double Negative Visual Effects
- Dan Winn, YouTube VR
- Sameer Agarwal, Google
- Stuart Adcock, Industrial Light and Magic
- Oliver James, Double Negative Visual Effects
- Lourdes Agapito, UCL
- Wil Braithwaite, NVIDIA
- Jeremy Doig, Google
- Sylvain Paris, Adobe Research
- Roberto Cippola, University of Cambridge
- Nicola Hoyle, Double Negative
- Dan Piponi, ILM
- James Knight, Motion Capture Expert
- Aljosha Smolic, Disney Research Zurich
Who should attend?
- Chief Technical Officers
- Technical Directors
- Research Leads
- Pipeline Architects
- Academic Researchers and PhD students in Signal / Image / Video Processing, Graphics and Computer Vision
Bringing together great minds, all interested in visual media, produces some amazing results and some very fruitful collaborations.
Industry/Academia collaborations are really beneficial to both sides. Industry can meet the leading Researchers in Europe and get insights into specific technological advances and Researchers can see what problems really need solving in the industrial practice of Visual Media Production.
In previous years, CVMP has led to further collaborative work such as Funded Project Partnerships, offers of employment and working together to problem solve on productions.
The BFI provides an accessible forum for the European Media Industry and is a great place to meet your peers and to strengthen current partnerships. We bring the high calibre speakers from around the world, to the centre of London.
The drinks evening held on the first day is attended by both speakers and attendees and is an ideal opportunity to discuss topics raised in the conference and to brainstorm with like-minded people.